The Stoney Lake Area
The Irwin Inn properties enjoy a wonderfully scenic location on Stoney Lake, in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes district, an area famous for its dramatic and varied landscape. The properties are easily accessible from Toronto and the GTA - just hit the highway until you reach County Rd 6 in Douro-Dummer Township, which takes you directly to Irwin Rd. You have a direct route to the waterfront properties, and your future cottage.
An array of facilities and services is offered in the Stoney Lake area.
- Stoney Lake Market: Crowe’s Landing – some grocery items, restaurant, patio. (Seasonal)
- The Lantern: “Harbour Town”, McCracken’s Landing, casual fine dining, patio, bakery (Seasonal)
- Viamede Resort: Mount Julian, Woodview (north shore of Stoney) fine dining, casual, patio
- Burleigh Falls Inn: Burleigh Falls, casual dining
- Old Bridge Inn: Young’s Point, casual fine dining, patio
- Carveth’s Marina: Carveth’s Marina Road, near McCracken’s Landing
- Harbourtown: McCracken’s Landing
- Kawartha Park Marina: Hiawatha Lane
- Young’s Point Marina: Young’s Point near Lock 27
- Little’s Marina: Gilchrist Bay Rd
- Wildfire Golf Club: Wildfire Lane, A private, family focused club, featuring a spectacular 18-hole course
- Woodview Golf: Northey’s Bay Rd, Woodview, 9 hole par 35 course
- Petroglyph Provincial Park: Northey’s Bay Road, Historical-class provincial park, showcasing the largest collection of ancient First Nations rock carvings in Canada.
- Lockside Trading Company: Young’s Point, Interior Design, Giftware, Clothing, Furniture, Home Décor, Lighting,
- Cottage Toys Harbourtown: McCracken’s Landing , Serious about Fun! Water sports and surf lifestyle, including water trampolines, tubes, stand-up paddle boards, wakeboards and the latest swimwear.
- July Long Weekend: USLA Annual Meeting, Fireworks Display on Upper Stoney, Annual Art and Craft Sale at USLA Pavilion , Crowe’s Landing
- At USLA Pavilion throughout the summer
- Aerobics, Yoga, Reading Club Family Dance night
- Big Band Swing Dance
- Annual Movie Premiere
- Kids Swim Program
- Annual Kid’s Fishing Derby
- Annual Paddle
- Upper Stoney Lake Yacht Club
- Monday morning golfers
- USLA Annual Regatta
- Juniper Island Art Festival
- Annual Lakefield Jazz, Art & Craft Festival and Lakefield Literary Festival
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC), Peterborough
- Morton Community Healthcare Centre (MCHC), Lakefield